Ad Touts Ayotte’s Bipartisan Work Advancing Clean Energy Legislation
Washington, D.C. —This morning, Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions launched a television ad in support of U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte’s reelection bid highlighting her bipartisan work in support of clean energy solutions. The ad features prominent Granite State leaders and activists. The total cost of the ad buy is $450,000.
“Kelly Ayotte has proven to be an independent leader who is dedicated to achieving bipartisan, common-sense clean energy solutions for New Hampshire taxpayers, families and businesses,” said Executive Director of Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions James Dozier. “Senator Ayotte clearly understands the important role that affordable, clean energy technology plays in strengthening the local economy, enhancing our national security and preserving the quality of our air, water and climate.”
The ad spotlights Merrimack County Sheriff Scott Hilliard, recent college graduate and outdoor enthusiast Dominic Lebel, Peterborough resident and mom Lisa Bass, CRES New Hampshire grassroots leader Mike Castaldo, and former Marine and State Senator Gary Lambert.
“Senator Ayotte cares about putting partisan politics aside to fight for clean energy solutions,” said Lambert. “I want a leader that can protect the legacy of New Hampshire’s environment and that leader is Kelly Ayotte.”
To view Fighting for New Hampshire click here.
Senator Ayotte’s independent, clean energy record in New Hampshire and Washington, D.C. is long and distinguished:
– Senator Ayotte introduced an amendment to the Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, legislation that calls for the United States to be a world leader in reducing greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to climate change.
– Senator Ayotte joined with three Republican colleagues to form the Energy and Environmental Working Group to enact common-sense energy reforms that strengthen the economy, achieve cleaner energy production, and ensure a clean air legacy.
– Senator Ayotte became the first Republican to support the Clean Power Plan, which aims to address climate change through clean energy solutions.
– Senator Ayotte has been a leader for the permanent reauthorization of the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) and successfully fought to reauthorize LWCF through 2018.
– As New Hampshire Attorney General, Kelly Ayotte fought Democratic and Republican attempts to roll back air quality protections by promoting meaningful nationwide controls on mercury emission standards.
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization advocating for comprehensive and responsible solutions to our nation’s energy issues. The organization is comprised of citizens from around the country who believe it is time for politicians in Washington to stop arguing, and start working on ways to solve our nation’s energy crisis.