MAY 24, 2018 –Today, Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) announced the start of a $185,000 television and digital advertising effort thanking Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker for his bipartisan leadership at home and across the New England region on addressing climate change and pursuing clean energy solutions. The ads will run across the Bay State and encourage residents to thank Governor Baker for his independent leadership.
“Charlie Baker has proven to be an independent leader who is dedicated to achieving bipartisan, commonsense clean energy solutions for Massachusetts taxpayers, families and businesses,” said former U.S. Senator and CRES Senior Advisor Kelly Ayotte. “CRES applauds Governor Baker for his consistent leadership at home and across the New England region in advancing market-based, clean energy and conservation policies that grow the economy, strengthen America’s national security and help to preserve the quality of our climate.”
Gov. Baker’s record on clean energy in Massachusetts includes:
- Signed a bipartisan solar energy bill to create a long-term plan for sustainable solar development, expand the Commonwealth’s solar industry, and make progress to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Supported legislation that requires utilities to solicit long-term contracts from offshore wind farm developers to bring at least 1,600 megawatts of wind energy to Massachusetts in the next 10 years into law.
- Renewed Massachusetts’ commitment to the highly successful Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), a cap-and-trade plan that has helped lower participating states’ carbon emissions by 40 percent in its first decade.
- Led the formation of the Governor’s Accord for a New Energy Future to promote clean energy reform to revitalize our country’s electrical grid with a bipartisan group of 17 governors.
- Promoted bipartisan efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and affirmed support for the Paris Climate Agreement as a member of the U.S. Climate Alliance.
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization founded in 2013 to engage Republican policymakers and the public about commonsense, conservative solutions to address our nation’s need for abundant, reliable energy while preserving our environment.