Washington, DC: James Dozier, Executive Director of Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions, issued the following statement this morning in conjunction with Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions’ $380,000 television ad buys in Illinois and Maine: “Senators Mark Kirk and Susan Collins are to be commended for their independent spirit in supporting renewable energy reform and placing the economic needs and health of their constituents before partisanship. CRES is committed to ensuring that our elected leaders remain focused on supporting clean energy policies that advance domestic fuel independence, strengthen our national security, and preserve our climate for future generations,” Dozier concluded.
To view Thank You Senator Susan Collins click here.
- Senator Collins introduced the bipartisan Clean Cookstoves and Fuels Support Act, legislation that directly addresses the health, environmental, and economic problems caused by exposure to smoke from traditional cookstoves and open fires.
- Senator Collins is a longtime supporter of the Clean Air Act, landmark legislation that has helped protect and improve our nation’s air quality and public health for decades.
- Senator Collins is a strong advocate for the promotion of offshore wind technology, a renewable industry with the potential to create thousands of good jobs in New England.
- Senator Collins joined a bipartisan effort to oppose the Congressional Review Act resolutions that would block the Clean Power Plan’s rules limiting carbon dioxide emissions from new and existing power plants.
To view Thank You Senator Mark Kirk click here.
- Senator Kirk serves as cochair of the Senate Great Lakes Task Force, where he has fought to protect and restore the environmental quality, tackle mercury, nonpoint source and nutrient pollution, and the cleanup of toxic hot spots across the basin.
- Senator Kirk introduced the Great Lakes Water Protection Act that would bring an end to sewage dumping in the Great Lakes by 2033.
- Senator Mark Kirk is a member of the Senate Environmental and Energy Working Group.
- Senator Kirk joined a bipartisan effort to oppose the Congressional Review Act resolutions that would block the Clean Power Plan’s rules limiting carbon dioxide emissions from new and existing power plants.
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization advocating for comprehensive and responsible solutions to our nation’s energy issues. The organization is comprised of citizens from around the country who believe it is time for politicians in Washington to stop arguing, and start working on ways to solve our nation’s energy crisis.