Washington, D.C. — Today, Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) launched radio ad buys in Alaska and North Carolina that applaud Senators Lisa Murkowski and Richard Burr for their leadership to support clean energy solutions in the U.S. Senate. This is the first of two planned radio ad buys in Alaska that will total $110,000, and the total cost of the radio ad buy slated to run in Raleigh and Charlotte is $120,000.
“Senators Lisa Murkowski and Richard Burr deserve recognition for their leadership in advancing renewable energy reform, promoting conservation, and placing the economic needs and health of their constituents before partisanship,” said CRES Chairman and Executive Director James Dozier. “CRES is committed to ensuring that elected leaders focused on supporting clean energy policies that grow the economy, strengthen our national security, and preserve our environment for future generations are able to maintain their leadership in the next Congress.”
To date, CRES has spent $660,000 supporting candidates and committees in 2016. Now that we’re entering the final phase of the campaign season, CRES is moving to aggressively support Republican House and Senate candidates that speak out in support of commonsense, clean energy solutions on the campaign trail and Capitol Hill.
To listen to Thank You Senator Lisa Murkowski click here.
- Senator Murkowski serves as Chairman of the Senate Energy and Natural Resource Committee and has introduced 17 bills to modernize renewable energy development.
- Senator Murkowski voted to acknowledge that climate change is occurring in one of the first votes after assuming the Senate majority.
- Senator Murkowski introduced the bipartisan Energy Policy Modernization Act, which was overwhelmingly approved in April as the first major energy bill to pass the Senate in almost a decade and authorizes $500 million to support research and development into cleaner forms of energy.
- Senator Murkowski led on the formation of the Senate Energy and Environmental Working Group to pursue commonsense and market-based energy reforms that bolster the economy, achieve cleaner energy production, and protect the environment.
To listen to Thank You Senator Richard Burr click here.
- Senator Burr has led the charge on renewing the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF), which does important work to conserve local parks, recreational areas, and other natural resources for future generations, without taxpayer money.
- Senator Burr has ensured that LWCF grants continue, which have supported 41,000 projects, and have protected more than 900 sites in North Carolina alone.
- Senator Burr supports a clean energy strategy to strengthen our national security and help North Carolina become a leader in renewable energy efforts, including wind, nuclear, hydropower and solar.
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization advocating for comprehensive and responsible solutions to our nation’s energy issues. The organization is comprised of citizens from around the country who believe it is time for politicians in Washington to stop arguing, and start working on ways to solve our nation’s energy crisis.