About the Organization:
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) is a non-profit organization founded in 2013 to engage Republican policymakers and the public about responsible, conservative solutions to address our nation’s energy, economic, and environmental security while increasing America’s competitive edge. This work includes building out robust political and advocacy operations to support Republican clean energy champions in the U.S. House and Senate. In addition to working with members of Congress and legislative staffs to discuss policy ideas, the CRES team members also collaborate with industry representatives and subject matter experts in their mission to bring Americans together to solve our most pressing issues.
CRES policy goals include:
- Reducing global emissions and growing the U.S. economy.
- Enacting policy that builds off historically successful approaches to affordable clean energy.
- Affordably reducing domestic emissions in a manner that can be leveraged globally.
Scope of Work:
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) is seeking a highly-driven, creative, and energetic Communications Intern to be a part of CRES’ Communications Team! This is a paid opportunity. It is our goal that through this internship you will gain valuable experience, grow your skill set, complete professional projects, and make important career connections. The Spring internship runs January through May, and we ask for a commitment of 25-39 total hours (3-5 full days) per week. This is a temporary internship.
- Monitor news stories, press events, and social media about clean energy and environmental stories
- Conduct research on media targets, audience demographics and psychographics, and market conditions
- Assist with grassroots events and education opportunities
- Attend daily and weekly team meetings and record action items for team
- Develop written content including social media posts, blogs, op-eds, letters to the editor, and general web content as professional projects
- Edit work by CRES staff and consultants
- Assist Communications and External Affairs team with CRES event planning and execution
- Provide general office support to the staff
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Qualifications, and Professional Attributes:
- Ability to multitask
- Cope well under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with a dynamic and mission-driven team
Education and Experience:
- A Junior or Senior at a university, a Graduate student, or a new college graduate with a focus on communications
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
CRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CRES’ policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, or military status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include “Communications Intern” in the subject line. We review all applications on a rolling basis, so apply as soon as possible. CRES is an equal opportunity employer. A background check is required before a formal offer is made to any candidate.