About Our Organization:
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) is a non-profit organization founded in 2013 to engage Republican policymakers and the public about responsible, conservative solutions to address our nation’s energy, economic, and environmental security while increasing America’s competitive edge. This work includes building out robust political and advocacy operations to support Republican clean energy champions in the U.S. House and Senate. In addition to working with members of Congress and legislative staffs to discuss policy ideas, the CRES team members also collaborate with industry representatives and subject matter experts in their mission to bring Americans together to solve our most pressing issues. CRES policy goals include:
- Reducing global emissions and growing the U.S. economy.
- Enacting policy that builds off historically successful approaches to affordable clean energy.
- Affordably reducing domestic emissions in a manner that can be leveraged globally.
Scope of Work:
CRES is growing! As a result, the Partnerships Coordinator is a new position at CRES that coordinates day-to-day activities of the External Affairs department. Additionally, reporting to the Vice President of External Affairs (“VP”), this team member assists in CRES’s execution of solicitation and stewardship strategies for major donors and corporate partners to expand and diversify the organization’s funding streams. The Partnerships Coordinator demonstrates rock-solid personal integrity, can think creatively, meet timely deadlines, and work cross-departmentally with CRES’s Policy, Executive, Communications, and Government Relations departments.
- Assists in maintaining an accurate inventory of existing and potential donors, e.g., corporations and individual donors, to support the VP and President in deepening and expanding mission-critical relationships
- Updates CRES’ corporate donor dashboard and provides weekly reports to the VP, which includes fundraising progress toward the department’s goal
- Assists in sending standardized correspondence, collateral, CRES’ value proposition, and appreciation materials to CRES’ prospective donors on behalf of the VP
- Provides donor research to help the VP in identifying prospects for cultivation
- Assists in CRES’ execution of National Clean Energy Week, including:
- General outreach, including distribution lists of attendees, panelists, and NCEW Champions
- Inventory of current and prospective corporate sponsorship
- Event logistics, including table arrangements, invite lists, and managing vendors
- Supports other mission-critical events, including CRES Academy, C6WC, and Congressional hearings, among others
- Supports the CFO and VP in logging and tracking donations and sponsorships
- Collaborates with Government Affairs and Policy on stakeholder engagement
- Assists the VP in administrative activities, including managing their calendar and departmental expense reports
- Coordinates the preparation of agendas and takes minutes for internal meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills for diverse audiences
- Able to manage varying priorities in a fast-paced working environment and balance multiple and tight deadlines
- Skilled in coordinating day-to-day departmental activities
- Comfortableness with cross-collaboration and transparency within their work
- Receives direction in an agile and open manner
- An entrepreneurial spirit who exceeds in meeting goals
Education and Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar administration or coordinator role in fundraising/prospecting foundations, donors, or corporate partners
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, project management, or a relevant field of study; or at least 6+ years of relevant work experience in place of a bachelor’s degree
- Advanced knowledge of database software
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- A background in climate and energy
- Operating style suited to working in a start-up organization
- Excellent health, vision, dental, and prescription drug insurance
- Short-and-long-term insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement plan match
- Transportation benefit
- Cell phone reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
CRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CRES’ policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, or military status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
How to Apply:
Please include “Partnerships Coordinator” in your subject line and send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected].