About Our Organization:
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) is a non-profit organization founded in 2013 to engage Republican policymakers and the public about responsible, conservative solutions to address our nation’s energy, economic, and environmental security while increasing America’s competitive edge. This work includes building out robust political and advocacy operations to support Republican clean energy champions in the U.S. House and Senate. In addition to working with members of Congress and legislative staffs to discuss policy ideas, the CRES team members also collaborate with industry representatives and subject matter experts in their mission to bring Americans together to solve our most pressing issues. CRES policy goals include:
- Reducing global emissions and growing the U.S. economy.
- Enacting policy that builds off historically successful approaches to affordable clean energy.
- Affordably reducing domestic emissions in a manner that can be leveraged globally.
CRES is growing! As a result, the Director of Grants Management is a new position at our organization. Under the direction of the CFO and in collaboration with the Vice President of External Affairs, the Director of Grants Management executes development strategies to diversify, sustain, and grow the revenue streams of CRES and CRES Forum.
Responsible for the management of the grant process of CRES to support the strategic priorities of both entities, including:
- Identifies grant opportunities that present viable, diverse funding opportunities and match CRES’s strategic priorities, sustainability, and growth.
- Writes all grant content, including prospectuses, concept notes, and applications.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters of intent, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Assists CRES’s staff and stakeholders in grant implementation and management, including instruction of internal procedures, compliance, budgets, grant document and reporting, and deliverables.
- Manages relevant technology and data systems to manage and monitor grants, including the Grant Dashboard.
- Oversight of all grants contractual, fiscal, and program documentation and deliverables.
- Preparing and submitting required reports, including collecting and reviewing the required program and financial reports.
- Creates and implements CRES’s annual grant development plan and strategy based on CRES’s strategic priorities.
- Develops and executes solicitation and stewardship strategies for assigned major donors, cultivating and growing CRES’s donor base through yearly increases in donor retention, new donor prospectives, and increased giving amounts.
- Maintains a robust and diverse inventory of existing and potential donors, including corporations, foundations, and individual donors.
- Produces relevant prospecting collateral and appreciation material, including proposals and thank you letters alike.
- Analyzes CRES’s existing funding sources, identifies gaps, and provides recommendations to the President and Executive Team.
- Partners with CRES’s Communication Team to develop persuasive outreach strategies for donors and prospects.
- Develop CRES’s development events and engagements that provide fiscal growth and engagement of new/current donors.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- Exceptional grant writing and management skills.
- Able to manage varying priorities in a fast-paced working environment and balance multiple and tight deadlines.
- Skilled in coordinating day-to-day departmental activities.
- Ability to develop and apply creative solutions to enhance messaging strategies.
- Comfortableness with cross-collaboration and transparency within their work.
- Receives direction in an agile and open manner.
- Strong attention to detail and copyediting skills.
- Ability to nature and sustain critical relationships.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in grant administration, including funding sources, administrative requirements, and state and federal regulations and compliance.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar development role.
- At least a four-year degree in a related field of study.
- Exception skills in grant writing with correct and accurate English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Keen understanding of budget planning and development, proposal development, assembly, and submission.
- Excellent health, vision, dental, and prescription drug insurance.
- Short-and-long-term insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Retirement plan match.
- Transportation benefit.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
CRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CRES’ policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, or military status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
How to Apply:
Please include “Director of Grants Management” in your subject line and send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected].