About Our Organization:
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) is a non-profit organization founded in 2013 to engage Republican policymakers and the public about responsible, conservative solutions to address our nation’s energy, economic, and environmental security while increasing America’s competitive edge. This work includes building out robust political and advocacy operations to support Republican clean energy champions in the U.S. House and Senate. In addition to working with members of Congress and legislative staffs to discuss policy ideas, the CRES team members also collaborate with industry representatives and subject matter experts in their mission to bring Americans together to solve our most pressing issues. CRES policy goals include:
- Reducing global emissions and growing the U.S. economy.
- Enacting policy that builds off historically successful approaches to affordable clean energy.
- Affordably reducing domestic emissions in a manner that can be leveraged globally.
Scope of Work:
CRES is growing! As a result, the Communications Coordinator is a new position on the Communications Team. This team member is integral in providing organizational and administrative support to execute the organization’s communications strategies. The Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Senior Communications Director and works cross-departmentally with CRES’s Government Affairs, External Affairs, and Policy teams. The Communications Coordinator can think outside the box, present creative ideas, meet timely deadlines, take ownership, and prioritize their work independently.
- Compiles local and national news articles
- Creates and updates CRES’s media distribution lists
- Monitors all media stories that mention CRES and updates CRES’s dashboards accordingly
- Collaborates with the CRES communications team to develop, release, and monitor responses to media content
- Supports in drafting press releases, media advisories, op-eds, and newsletters
- Assists in producing graphics, videos, and other digital media messaging
- Monitors communications and public statements from members of Congress related to CRES priorities
- Provides logistical support for CRES events
- Coordinates with departments and assists with scheduling interviews, events, engagements
- Manages administrative functions, including comms expenses
- Coordinates all lists and databases of CRES’s stakeholders for Government Relations, External Affairs, the President, and Policy
- Performs other duties as assigned
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage varying priorities in a fast-paced working environment and balance multiple and tight deadlines
- Skilled in coordinating day-to-day departmental activities
- Ability to develop and apply creative solutions to enhance messaging strategies
- Comfortableness with cross-collaboration and transparency within their work
- Receives direction in an agile and open manner
- Strong attention to detail and copyediting skills
Education and Experience:
- Communications, marketing, or journalism degree or at least one year of relevant professional experience
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of energy and/or environmental policy
- Experience working at a not-for-profit or similar organization to CRES
- Social media management
- Experience working with design software for graphics, videos, and/or digital messaging
- Excellent health, vision, dental, and prescription drug insurance
- Short-and-long-term insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement plan match
- Transportation benefit
- Cell phone reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
CRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CRES’ policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, or military status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
How to Apply:
Please include “Communications Coordinator” in your subject line and send your CV, one writing sample, and cover letter to: [email protected].